Ever have those nights where cooking sounds awful? That’s me — once a week. Don’t get me wrong, I love cooking. It’s relaxing, rewarding and (most of the time) delicious. Enter the world’s easiest pasta. Perks? It’s vegan!
I’ve been working to reduce my environmental impact. An easy step is to reduce my animal product intake. Working from home makes this easy, all it requires is a bit of thinking. Except for this recipe! You likely have all of this in your fridge already. It took less than 20 minutes and was amazing.
This pasta is:
- Full of ingredients probably in your fridge
- Gluten free
- Vegan and plant-based friendly
- Great for late summer produce
I’ll quit rambling and give you the recipe – because that’s what you really want, right?
Lazy Vegan Summer Pasta
- 1 tbsp Chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp Good olive oil
- 4 oz Dried GF pasta I used brown rice pasta
- 1/2 whole Tomato
- 1/2 whole Lemon
- 1 sprinkle Salt
- 1 sprinkle pepper
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/4 whole Onion
- 1 sprinkle Red pepper flakes
- Fill a big pot with water. Salt profusely and wait until it boils. Once boiling, add in your pasta and cook until el dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat your oil in a pan. Then chop your onion and garlic. Then add them to the pan with the red pepper flakes and sauté.
- Take pasta out of the hot water, rinse off. Toss the cooked onion, garlic and red pepper flakes with the pasta. Top with a little oil.
- Squeeze the lemon on top, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Chop your tomato and parsley, then stir into the pasta bowl.
- Grab a fork and EAT UP!