Are you ready for an easy, stovetop, ONE PAN, weeknight meal? 60 minutes or less, I promise! We got a large amount of butter lettuce in our CSA share this week and I had no idea what to do with it. Enter: lettuce cups. Top Hat (a local restaurant) serves these amazing pork lettuce cups that I love.
But I wanted to make an easier, healthier twist, so I riffed on it and ended up with these delicious turkey meatballs!
Easy Sriracha Turkey Meatballs
- 1 pound ground turkey (I did 80 / 20)
- 1/2 cup casava flour
- 1 eggs
- 3 green onions
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt + pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup water
- Shredded carrot
- Sliced radish
- Chopped onion
- Lime wedges
- Sesame seeds
- Mix the ground turkey, casava flour, egg, onion, garlic, salt and pepper together in a big bowl. Use your hands! Then pull off chunks and shape them into small, golf ball sized lumps. They should weigh around two ounces.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and add half the meatballs in. Brown them, stirring occasionally to get an even toast. Take the first batch out and place on a plate. Add the second half to the hot oil, repeat.
- While the meatballs are toasting, combine the rest of the ingredients into a small bowl and whisk ferociously.
- Add all of the meatballs back into the pan and cover with the sauce you prepared in step three. Cover with a lid and let simmer, occasionally stirring, for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the meatballs from the sauce, place into lettuce cups (or just straight onto rice, you do you) and cover with the toppings as suggested! Dig in.